Monday, August 31, 2009

Nothing like them mountain trout baby!


I just returned from my old haunts in Colorado. It felt very nice to be confident in my pursuit of trout in both quantity and quality. The fishing was incredible. The beer was incredible. I fished with two driven, fishing maniacs Nick Arnold and Marsh Thomson. They have gink in their veins. I fished the Colorado several days with great success and one particularly special day of banging fish on small dries in full sun. Next I fished the blue to some success on an ill prepared day where I had no nippers or hemos, ran out of 5x then 6x tippet. Not such a big deal unless you are on a tail water like the blue. The caper was fishing behind Marshes house on the Big Thomson. It was spectacular, wrapping up the trip with big numbers of fish caught in the dry-dry method. The variety of fishing experiences available here in Michigan have been an enjoyable challenge but when I get the itch, I need my Colorado trout fix. I got it. EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment